So last Saturday we decided on cheap family entertainment (cheap meaning FREE) and went to the Red Cross Safety Fair. I had only heard "face painting, magician..." advertised on the radio and thought "Why not?" Bill came up with flu-like stuff that morning but started feeling better and didn't want to let the older two girls down, who had gotten all ready and knew where we were going. So we got there later than planned with about 1 1/2 hours left of the thing; got our free first aid kits and a card for each child that we were supposed to get signed by 15 of the booth workers and fill out and turn in for the raffle at the end. And everyone reminding us to not forget the girls' free bike helmets. Well, long story short--I got the cards signed last minute, filled them out hurriedly and folded them and stuck them in the box. Now keep in mind that I was probably one of the last 4-5 people who put mine in, so it was a little "rigged." Well, now I know what to do if we want to win something again. First prize--a keychain digital camera. No luck on that one. Second prize--an IPOD with a gift card for music. No luck on that one. Who cares? I could see what the last prize was--a Wii. We had been wanting one for a long time but just kept putting it off or rationalizing the not-having-money-for-it issue. So there my family stands(because all the chairs were taken), tank of a double stoller and all about 5 feet away from the stage and they pull out the 3rd card. "Its folded!" I thought. "And the winner is..." EMMA MORGAN! Congratulations honey! (and I am sorry I crushed your moment by informing you that Mommy was the one who got the cards completed to win it and that it was for the whole family. Thanks for sharing sweetie! ) Wow--talk about adrenaline rush! She went up on stage and answered a few questions and got her pic taken. Instant Red Cross celebrity. Just kidding. What's really ironic is that the company that funded the whole fair just called Bill for an interview today. Sorry, not divulging where yet. PRAY for us and keep your fingers crossed. (Times are very bad at the ol' office, what with the banks not lending any money so no one is building anything, so no work for the firm.) Anyway, we exited the fair, Wii box in hand, still in SHOCK!
you can't beat free
E and A with the "family" Wii and helmets; oh and faces painted
just a side note--this is Izzy's constant face lately--feeling that new tooth
























































4 comments:
YAY! how fun! Congrats and good luck to Billy on the interview!
That's so awesome!!! You go to a Free fair and come home with stuff worth lots-o-money....so jealous!!!
Congrats! That's so great!
How fun! That is just too cool! We thought about getting one but decided it was too expensive. To get one free that is just awesome.
Post a Comment