The twins turned 1 on Saturday--Valentine's Day! It has been a rough year in so many ways, but it has gone by so quickly that I hardly had time to catch up to the idea. Isabel and Olivia are the most fun babies you will ever see. We still get stopped in stores and anywhere else we go. It's fun trying to adapt to a one-baby world with two babies, especially when it comes to shopping carts and getting shots.
Got a little teary Saturday about 1 o'clock as I asked Bro. Mo. to reminisce with me about what we were doing at that time exactly 1 year before. He was probably getting his "zoot suit" scrubs on and I was being wheeled into the OR. Labor with the twins was COMPLETELY different than with the older girls. I had to have an epidural, even though I did not want one. And, I had to be delivered in the operating room, just in case anything went wrong. But, 3 pushes each, and they were born 11 minutes apart. Isabel Darlena was born at 2:59 p.m. and Olivia LoRene was born at 3:10 p.m. 38 weeks exactly, I had been so scared and worried, especially after having a miscarriage the previous pregnancy. Countless non-stress tests and ultrasounds aided in feeling better, but the crippling feeling that comes when you can't tell which baby is moving and scared because you think one has not moved in a while; only seeing them finally can help that. Crazy that that is all a distant memory now.
Anyway...
Cake was fun. We celebrated Danica's 2nd birthday too, so they each got a large cupcake to tear into. The large cake matched the wrapping paper.



Olivia opening this--thats the paper the cake matched.
Isabel with the V-day sucker from Gammy


Had one-year check-up this morning. Izzy weighs 23# 7 oz. and is 30" long. Livvy weighs 20# 6 oz. and is 30 1/4". Can it be? Livvy caught up with and passed Izzy in height. But she will be tall and skinny like Abbey. 
older girls Valentines gifts from Mom and Dad
1 week ago
























































1 comments:
Super cute cake!!! LOVE IT!!! I can't believe they are already 1...I love the dresses up top too, I can't wait til you get your etsy store up and running!
Post a Comment