Bro. Mo. sat and I layed, in the dimly lit room of the Pediatrix/Obstetrix office for our first ultrasound of the pregnancy.
7 weeks.
Huh? My only ultrasound with the two older girls was at 20 weeks to find out gender. But my doctor ordered it after I had had an interestingly peculiar miscarriage a few months prior.
So everything was going swimmingly (get it?) and the technician was showing us around the blackness that was my baby oven of a womb. I looked at the screen and a thought popped into my head.
Why are there two black spots in there?
"Uhhhh," she said. "That's what I am wondering. Let me go get someone else for another opinion."
"Uhhh wait, I was only joking!" (ok not really; there really were two spots, but everyone secretly hopes to make that discovery only to have it dashed away with the words "No there's only one in there.")
So it was. Twins! It seems like it had been not that long ago. But a year has passed.
It has been a wonderfully trying experience. Having a 6-week-old tied up to several monitors and a board under her arm holding the IV still for 3 days, as you sit there with her little naked body in your arms, while your other twin and two older girls are at home in the care of Daddy is not fun. All because doctors freak out over a fever--at least I didn't let them do the spinal tap. And for good reason. The minute we were admitted to the hospital at 1:00 that morning she had no more fever. But you do what it takes for your child.
That is a distant memory I do not wish to remember. But now on to new memories. Beautiful memories.
Ahhhh memories!
Someday in the not-so-distant future I will retell the story of how I sat on the couch while Olivia repeatedly threw up cheese and breastmilk all over me.
What a wonderful smell.
And when we finally got the babies bathed and jammied and in bed, and they had slept a couple hours, it was Isabel's turn. 3 sheet changes later, she was finally done and they slept the rest of the night.
And the smell lingered on.....
1 week ago
























































2 comments:
OPEN THE WINDOWS AND TURN ON THE FANS -- IT'S BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE. In with the good air, out with the bad.
Thanks for posting a link to our FHE blog on your personal blog!
FHE Blog
Post a Comment