Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

6.02.2009

The Man of the Moment

Imagine, if you will, a fully-stocked 5th Sunday meeting. The bishop wanted as many people there as possible so he could speak of things important.

And, there I sit; hearing my babies squeal with delight in the background as they play on the floor with their Daddy.

I look back to see Bro. Mo. sitting on the floor in his Sunday best and the babies sitting in between his legs content as can be.

And what am I doing?

Listening to a wonderful talk given by our loving bishop without the distraction of two restless babies.

Because my husband loves me.
So, as we drove home I felt a need to explain my gratitude to him. I told of how I felt, plain and simple, like a queen.

How I feel like he puts me on a fluffy plush pedestal.


And he said, "Yes, I do. Why shouldn't I?"

You know, we have been married over nine years and it has taken me a long time to realize that I am the one who is to blame when I don't feel appreciated or loved at certain times.

Ladies, as our bishop talked to the husbands in our meeting and gave them a list of 11 things they should be doing more to show love for their wives, all I could think of was that my husband already does those, when I let him.

I need to LET him love me.

Think about it. Do you let your husband love you?

Or do you shoo him away when he comes home from a hard day at work and tries to help with dinner or dishes; telling him you have it covered because he had a long day, all the while wishing you hadn't told him that and would love to not feel guilty when he comes home and still has to help you with housework because you did not get it done. You know what? It's okay. Men are really simple creatures and we make things harder than they really are. Let him help you. Don't deny him the pleasure of truly cherishing you.

It took me a long time to finally do that and I am looking forward to an eternity of cherishing.
And here's a coded shout-out to my man--
~143~ babe

2 comments:

Jeremy and Cindy said...

I am guilty. Many a time my husband offers to help and I say "no thanks I got it" while stressing about trying to get everything done. (sigh) I guess I am going to have to let him love me.

Heather K said...

I'm so glad he treats you like a Queen. What a sweet post and I loved the SHMILY post too! I needed those because I am kinda cranky today. he he