Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

10.26.2009

No-No's "Not"-i-ness

This morning I did not spend 2 1/2 hours cleaning out weeds, tree trimmings and such that had been sitting in the backyard for 6 months, while wearing my garden glove of choice--oven mitts. Hey don't judge! All this while the twins had a free-for-all in the house. At one point in my checking on them, I did not walk in just in time to see them standing on the kitchen chairs behind the bar pulling the grease trap, filled with bacon grease, out of the griddle.


Nor did I find all the wipes strewn all over the living room. Again.


So, when I moved into the front yard, I did not leave the front door open so the twins could look out and see me. I did not let them wander into the neighbors yard or roam the sidewalk and driveway. And I did not get SCARED OUT OF MY MIND when I went to go open the gate and turn around 5 seconds later to see *I* in the middle of the road!!!


Can we say Heart. Attack? Yeah stupid move on my part.


Oh by the way, they were not still in their pajamas and barefoot, without having had a decent breakfast or morning diaper changes.


I did not call almost every Blockbuster in town trying to find one that would sell me their copy of The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad/The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Finally, one employee was very customer-service-oriented and spent 20 minutes looking it up in the system, calling other stores and locating the copy in his store just to see what condition it was in. And then tell me the loophole that would let me buy it.


But the biggest thing I did not do today?




Wait for it.....





Wait for it.......





I did not walk around the store for a bit while *O* had poop on her fingers, because she had decided to reach into her diaper and scoop a bit out.

That should suffice for a Not Me Monday. All else seems unimportant.




Post-edit:

I did not walk into the kitchen after writing this post to find an entire box of TRIX spilled all over the floor.

Nor did I get it cleaned up in time to come back to the computer to find the wipes strewn all over the floor (in my bedroom this time). Again.

3 comments:

Reina said...

I want to know Blockbuster's loophole!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Norma,

Nice to meet you. Oh my, you have me laughing out loud here. I can relate to these stories. My daughter who is now 36, decided to reach into her diaper at naptime to
"scoop some out". She had herself and her crib covered, with a big ol' smile on her face. lol My middle daughter did not get up at 7:30a.m. while I was still asleep, and go outside in her PJ's to the neighbors to watch him work on his new sidewalk. Thanks for the laughs!

Debbie

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Opps, I forgot to mention your "dolls" are adorable!