April--Aunt Kathy and Uncle Gene visit from California
May 27--Kitchen fire. Abbey was trying to cook doughnuts (incidentally the first day of Summer vacation) Counted our blessings that she didn't try to put it out herself (grease fire) and that her loooooong hair didn't get in it. I came downstairs (she woke us up about 7:15 to tell us she had been cooking and there was a fire) to see flames up to the ceiling. I kept throwing lids or tops I could find on top of the pot. Finally when Bro. Mo. came down and thought to turn off the stove (doesn't matter much with electric--which is why I aske d for a gas replacement) did it calm down. I finally jsut threw it off the stove onto the floor. That was when Bro. Mo. knew it wasn't a small ordeal and rushed up to get the girls and dog outside. We had a huge fight over this with our alarm company. We lost. I got taken to UMC in ambulance (a whole 8 miles cost us $1200!!!!) My arm was in bandages for 5-6 weeks and we lived in a hotel 1/2 mile from our house for 3 weeks. My cabinets still are not the same as I stained them; we still have not found some things and still owe medical bills. But we were truly blessed that Bro. Mo. was home that day, Abbey didn't get hurt and more damage wasn't done to the house. Plus, I got it deep-cleaned, carpets shampooed and repainted. And huge thanks to Bill and Pam for taking the girls immediately after while we were at the hospital. Dan for coming up to see us and help drive me home 'cuz Bro. Mo. had to leave early to see insurance guy and for Mom and Dad for taking the girls for the weekend so we could gather our wits.

June--decided to celebrate Emma's birthday while at the hotel. They had a BBQ out by the pool so we had a pool party out there. I don't have any pix--camera was sitting by the stove so it got ruined. Michael Jackson theme. First store-bought cake for a birthday since she turned 1.
July--school starts (Vail is a year-round so this is the earliest start we have ever had)
August--Ward campout on Mt. Lemmon. Twins first time camping--they now constantly ask me when we are going camping again.
Our beloved trampoline from Santa (Christmas 2010) was destroyed by a storm that could easliy have been classified as a category 1 hurricane. Bro. Mo. and I had to desperately try to keep it from blowing thru the neighbors' window and pulled it back into the yard--mangled. I had been napping and woke up to feeling the house swaying. Abbey's screams brought me downstairs to become soaked to the skin in 5 seconds when I went outside. After that we went to the front to see that our huge tree had blown over, missing the truck by millimeters. The branches brushed it. If it had blown any other direction it would have fallen on a neighbors car or thru our office window. And then the power was out for 8 hours that night. Was feeling pretty proud of myself for asking for a gas stove after the fire. Campinig gear was placed into use that night.
September--Olivia cuts her hair three times in 2 weeks and gets this:
And since this cut, she cut it AGAIN; scalping her hair couple inches above her hairline. Thank heaven my girls' hair grows fast--that "scalped" part is almost 2 inches long after 4 months.
November--cousin David visited while on his world travels.
Bro. Mo.'s Aunt Grace passed away
December--the big 32 for me--ugh! I am seeing lots of silver hairs.
Christmas was AWESOME!
__________________________________________________________________
An eventful year, to say the least. But, we are very blessed.
























































2 comments:
Wishing you a little bit better of a year this year. No more fires, storms and hair cutting.
Wow!! What a year! So eventful! i can't believe your arm and those blisters! OUCH! That looks so bad. Hoping for a wonderful year for you guys!
Post a Comment