I'm not what one might consider a "routined" person. I am more of a spontaneous person. Summer in our school district only lasts a month and a half. So, school came abruptly. Barely any time, I felt to prepare. School of choice for Emma's first year in middle school was not to be. Boundary changes made us have to go to a plan B that I did not know existed until it had to exist. Now routine is a necessary part of life. And this new school is so hard-core that our normal routines of FHE or scripture study at night have been put on a back burner too many times as we enforce the constant homework that Emma has. If she forgets one item--SSR reading book, PE clothes, any homework, a pencil. etc on any day she stays after school the following day. And she has homework in EVERY subject. EVERY day. Plus 30 min reading log, plus after school Band and Drama and Achievement days. So most days not getting home until 5:30 and then having 3 hours of homework has put us in a stressful, argument-inducing, routine-stricken state.
So--I must re-strategize. Time management has been on my mind lately. And my visiting teachers put an idea in my head this morning that aids in my own personal struggle with time management. So I am going to either plug my phone into the phone jack of the new van (I guess I should have posted about that earlier than this) and stream scriptures or buy the scriptures on CD. And we will listen to them as we drive to the bus and wait for busses in the morning. Maybe that, at least, can help me establish a healthy routine I need.
First day of school July 16, 2012--Emma--6th grade. Abbey--4th grade
























































0 comments:
Post a Comment