So while Abbey was spending time at Grandma's, (see her blog for that event) I did some things with Emma. One was to let her make cookies all by herself! I stood and supervised, but I had her find the recipe, measure, calculate measurements, (with help, but she did very well for only having started learning fractions at the end of last school year) scrape the bowl, turn the mixer on, off and accelerate the speed, and roll the balls in cinnamon/sugar and place on the cookie sheet and then put the pan in the oven and set the timer. She was a little nervous about putting the pan in the oven but after I showed her she wanted to do it right away and asked me to pull it out so she could put it back in. She wanted snickerdoodles right away when I suggested the idea. Then Daddy took a few to his office secretary because they are her favorite and she loved them. (So did I apparently, as Billy reminded me two days later that he didn't even get one.) Sorry Babe. So hopefully I moved one step closer to teaching my girls independence and homemaking skills and helped them on their way to becoming good wives and mothers someday--since that is apparently what the Lord believes I am so good at in this life--HA HA!
1 week ago
























































2 comments:
She's so darling cooking. Are you sure you wanted her to know how to use the oven and cook and find recipes. You know her adventures when you guys are asleep, just think you might come out one morning and she'll have breakfast all cooked! HA...see you guys Monday! Oh, and me and Caleb are probably gonna go to the drive-in on Tuesday or Wednesday so if you guys wanted to come, that would be fun.
Way to go Nora! on being patient enough to let Emma do it herself. Ok, Emma, you and Grandpa can make Snickerdoodles when it's your turn with us. Those are one of his favorite cookies, too. Ahhh, the memories of Dad making them on Sunday evenings, right, Nora?
Post a Comment