Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

8.16.2008

The Twins are Six Months Old!!!!

If anyone had seen Bill and I the first night we brought the twins home, they would have never guessed we would make it to the six month mark without killing each other or at least splitting up. But seriously, we are so excited to have made it to this point. I waited to post about their half b-day until after yesterday's doctor appointment. Bill volunteered to get out of work for an hour to come help me. 6 shots are not all that easy to get through with two babies. Thanks baby!

Isabel now weighs--are you ready for this?--17#8oz and is 26 3/4 " long. She has gained 11#4oz in just 6 months. But we guessed she weighed about that much. She has become quite the little chunk. Eatin' good in the neighborhood!
Olivia, on the other hand, is almost 2 pounds lighter and an inch shorter. She weighs 15"12 oz and is 25 3/4"long. They are both very close to sitting up without support and love to grab each others hands, faces, toys, etc. I can't wait until they are able to really start playing with each other. After we moved them out of our room and into separate beds, each did pretty well at sleeping through the night. Livvy woke up once and Izzy slept through the night. However, a few nights ago I was getting up with each 2-3 times and going nuts because they weren't napping well during the day either. Ugh! So I asked the doctor yesterday and she gave me a handout and reassured me that the way I broke Emma of this is really the way to go. But how do you teach twins to cry themselves to sleep so they can learn how to put themselves back to sleep every time they wake up during the night.? Well, basically, the same way. They have to learn how to cope with each other in addition. I am proud to say that we made it through last night with both of them sleeping for 7-7.5 hours. Olivia woke up once and cried herself back for 5 or so minutes. Izz is already very good at knowing it is bedtime and does not cry at all. And just an hour ago we tried the technique for naptime. Izz went down first being very tired and was asleep for a good 45 minutes before Liv was ready. Livvy cried for about 10 minutes but finally went to sleep--without waking Izzy. But then 15-20 minutes later Izz woke up crying and we decided to let her cry for a few, which in turn woke up Livvy. But after about 5 minutes they were both back out and here I sit blogging in a state of bliss having mastered the art of teaching not one this time, but two babies how to teach themselves to go to sleep. AHHH! A complete 5 hours of solid sleep last night(well, Bill and I had not had any QUALITY time together in a very long time!) These are pics taken on Thursday, August 14th. It goes by waaaayyy to fast.

3 comments:

Viki said...

Love their onesies!! GRANDMA'S RULE! :>

Reina said...

WOW I still can't believe you have TWO 6 month olds. It went by really fast. And 17 pounds that is one pound less then Kenzie weighted at a year. You feed them good:) They are so stinkin cute. OH and good job on the sleeping!!!!

Jeremy and Cindy said...

They are cute and time has just flown. The rate Courtney's growing she is going to out weight them. Now that you got yours sleeping better I'll send Courtney over for a week and you can work you magic on her.