My love:
I am so sorry for the way I have been acting lately. Yes, I know I cried it all out to you earlier this evening, but somehow the written word comes across more forcefully. You have been very sick this weekend, and I was not attuned to your needs. I just felt plain jealous. I was sick last week, but I did not get a break. I still had to go on with everyday life. Yes, I know I complain--a lot! There really is no excuse for the way I have been--irritable, angry, jealous, stubborn, and not very polite, to you or the girls. I could give reasons as to why I am like this. I don't like it when I am this way. I will try to get out and exercise, as I know this helps in times of depression. The adversary has crept in and discovered my weaknesses once again--actually he has a whole manual that he has written on the "Weaknesses of Sister Morgan--Wife and Mother in Zion." I have often wondered why I am able to discern the woes of Satan so well and know when he is lurking around me. We have been taught that he attacks the mothers the hardest--because if he can tear them down then he has succeeded in breaking apart the fundamental basis of society. Why does he attack me so? Am I so important in this work that he feels I need tormenting more than most? Because of this is there more that I am supposed to be doing in this life that I am not; or maybe I just don't know what it is that I should be doing just yet. I love that you love me even when it would be easy for you not to. It is very easy for me to give up on myself, but you never let me and I love you even more for that reason. You believe in me when I need it most. I am imagining your strong arms around me now as you wipe away the tears that are falling.
Your love
1 week ago
























































1 comments:
Nora,
You are a better person and mother then you give yourself credit for. Recently in a conversation Jeremy and I were having he told me that we are hardest on ourselves and that sometimes we have to give ourselves credit for the things we are doing right. We tend to notice everything we are doing wrong and never the good. He also said that when we mess up we have to decide if we are going to let it hold us back or discourage us or are we going to move forward and say “yes, I made a mistake but I am not a bad person and I can learn from this and do a little better tomorrow.” Love ya!
Post a Comment