The world of blog is so funny. Having extra time on my hands--novel I know--I found a blog from a blog from a blog--hee, hee--and came upon the story of The Nielson Family. I found the sisters' blog first and read of the tradgedy that came to her sister and husband. THen upon reading the sister who was burned blog--it was kinda creepy, like dreamlike--"No this could not have happened to them." Her husband fulfilled his life-long dream of becoming a pilot. On August 16th they (and his flight instructor, who later died) were in a terrible plane crash and burned very, very badly. They are in for months of surgery and recovery. After being completely saddened by the tale, I went to the blog of the sister who had been in the accident. Talk about INSPIRATION. Members of the church, they reside in Mesa. She is so darling and such a good mother. The kind I have always aspired to be, but do not posess the patience for. I cannot imagine how her four children are coping having to live in another state, attend a new school, live with relatives and wonder if Mom and Dad will come home and how they will be changed in appearance. Another inspiration to me is how in love the couple was and how romantic and not afraid to show it to those around them. Billy is totally that way and I tend to hold back. "Don't." I say to myself. "Don't hold back. My children and family need to know how we feel about each other and we need to invest more time in our marriage." It is sad that this tradegy had to happen but it has opened my eyes to the things that truly matter, enough to finally do something about them. Click on the two buttons at the right and go read. AMAZING!
1 week ago
























































2 comments:
wanna hear something creepy and weird? Well, your gonna, I don't know how but I read that same blog. I am a fully admitted blog stalker but I read that one, that same story then I checked out the family blog and had the same emotions pour over me. What's worse is the next blog I came to was a family who lost their only child just before she turned 2 by choking on a piece of an apple the size of a pea, that sent me into emotion overload and I lost it, sobbing at my computer reading line after line, going back on the blog to when she was alive, and then inspiration came, I know hold my children a little closer and don't get as mad as easily and I am proud to say I haven't yelled in 8 days. So horrible such a tragic event made me come to my senses and be thankful EVERYDAY for what I am blessed with!!!
The plane crashed in the street right in front of Jeremy's Grandma Hunt's home in St. Johns. The whole story is really quite tragic. There are going to be some major changes for that family. Thank goodness for the gospel of Jesus Christ. As hard as it is going to be that knowledge can help them all through it.
Post a Comment