Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

10.02.2008

Amish Friendship Bread

Have you ever had it or made it? I got some starter a year or so ago and have missed it. But just the other day a good friend from the ward gave me another starter. Yay! So today is the day and wouldn't you know it--I don't feel like baking. SHOCK! Well, have to do it; family will love me for it; will have starters for family when we come down to Mom's for General Conf.--can't wait to watch! And it was funny as I kept updated on the Nie's blog and her sister had a link to another story in which she was making Amish Friendship Bread. Creepy? No--wonderful. Ahhh, the cinn-a-mony goodness.

3 comments:

The Gooding Family said...

I think I actually have a recipe in our ward cookbook to make the starter (if you ever want it, email me). That stuff is too good.

. said...

The Starter can be frozen, just add an extra day to the chart for defrosting purposes, so save some for yourself!

Becky said...

Oooh that Amish Friendship bread melts in your mouth! I can also dig up some healthier recipes I have used to use up the mushrooming slime if you are interested. LOL.