So I have been thinking of creating my own Etsy Shop to sell handmade dresses and bags and such. Here are a few of the dresses that I had on hand at the moment(the ones that are not outgrown and stored in bins somewhere) to take pics of(the pics don't do justice, So Say I). Anyway, a girl in our ward gave us a bunch of handmade dresses that her Mom made daisykingdom.com/. If you go to that website it does not show dresses anymore. The ones here are way cute but the ones I have must be old styles that didn't sell. Not to be mean and I am not saying I am very good, but I wouldn't have worn the dresses on her site--totally Anne of Green Gables sleeves and old-fashioned. And she was selling them for $50-$80 each. So I looked inside the ones her daughter gave me, expecting serged seams and professional touches like that. Nope. Well, gee I think I can make a little business doing the same thing. Need to learn how to use my serger. What do you think Cindy? You have always been a better seamstress than me.
Abbey's Christmas dress last year
Emma's Christmas dress last year
Abbey's Christmas dress a couple years ago
























































6 comments:
Wow, Nora, you are the blogging QUEEN! It was fun to catch up on your blog and see all that you have been up to. Your babies are growing up so fast!! Where does the time go?! I say go for it with your dresses, etc. I wish I had that talent! And how are you doing with the cakes? I would love to learn how to do that as well. Some people just have all the talents. :)
Take care!
Wendy
I envy you!!! I would love, love, love to sew...if you can find a cute pattern to make children's aprons, I know those are a hit right now. I was at a birthday party for Austin's little friend from church and she got one as a gift. So happens that she is on my bloggers "friends and family' list you should check out her Apron, and then put your own spin on it...you do a wonderful job, I would buy any one of those dresses, I can't believe (no offense, this is a compliment) that you made them yourself!!!! BRAVO!!!!
http://angiemaynes.blogspot.com/2008/09/perturbed-by-patterns.html
Go for it baby! Practice with that serger (by making a couple dresses for me?? :) ) and do it! Take your dresses outside, in the morning or evening, and turn off the flash and take some pictures. Or I'll come do it. :) (When I get my camera back, it's being cleaned. :P ) Call me, you.
Every time I see your girls in the Christmas dresses, I'm always impressed by your sewing ability. You do a really beautiful job!
Nora, do you have the pattern number for the girls dresses from last Christmas?
Not much I need to say. You have five votes of confidence from the above list. I think you are very capable of doing it. I always liked the Christmas dresses you made for your girls shown in the last picture. The serger is nice for some projects. I love using mine. It really isn't that hard to work with. Maybe you and I should go into business together. Too bad you don't live closer.
Post a Comment