Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

11.11.2008

No! I don't want to! You can't make me!

But I guess I had better--post pics of the wedding cake, that is. I was not happy with the way it turned out. I was happy with the job I did on the leveling, filling and torting. That has always been one of my problem areas. But the fact that I decided to do the top of each tier in brown buttercream was not a good idea. I would have been so proud if I had done the same color over the whole thing. It is nearly impossible to get the two colors lined up perfectly straight around the edges. I kept messing with it trying to perfect the lines, and ended up making it worse. Oh well. Another lesson learned. Hey it tasted GREAT though!I ran out of time to do any piping or edge work and only brought one tip and it didn't do the job I had intended it to do. That is why it is so plain.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I think it looks cute. I probably would have done ganache on the whole cake and then frosted the butter cream on the sides. My mom does cakes with ganache over butter cream and vice versa all the time. Okay, so I just love ganache.

Reina said...

I think Becky just likes to say ganache:) I think it looks good.

Becky said...

Yep. Sometimes I forget that the point of food is not to be chocolate all the time. Duh, now that I think about it, you probably used brown buttercream because it wasn't supposed to be chocolate- LOL.
My wedding cake was 100% chocolate, even the frosting. My grandma was mortified that I had a brown cake.