Abbey said something today to me that hit home. We have tried to instill a sense of tradition in our girls. And apparently, its working. Out of the blue she says in a sarcastic tone "Mom, is Christmas going to be like last year?" I asked what she meant and she said Christmas last year was a bummer. *sigh*
"Ok come over here and talk," I said.
"Why do you think Christmas last year was a bummer?"
"Because you had to work every night."
Thats true, I did, and hated every minute of it. Last year we started using our advent calendar and had something planned every night. But we carefully plotted which things would be done which night, so that Mommy wouldn't miss the really cool slash important ones or so that Daddy would be able to do them alone. But we ran out of "easy" nights and had to omit some things. I was so excited this year to be home each night. So I EXCITEDLY told her I would not be working this year. Her face lit up as I told her of all the things we get to do together this year (with the exception of Bro. Mo. having to go to Mutual on Tuesday's.)
So my excitedness actually got me excited. I haven't been because of the whole money situation, but we are working that out. And it gives me a chance to see the season in the light it should be shone in.
So I set to organizing. Being unorganized makes me very uneasy and jittery, as a general rule. So to look forward to the holidays with not a thing planned really cracks my candy cane. So I organized today. Lists. Lists. Lists. Now to keep them out of reach from two children who can read. Christmas gets more complicated when the kids can read and spell. *sigh*
1 week ago
























































3 comments:
Nor! You're doing so good with that NaBloPoMo or whatever it is, you've written everyday. Glad to hear you got excited about those darn traditions you like to stick to. haha, no, they're wonderful.
Sorry I haven't commented in a while. My computer has been acting up. We caught a trojan. You have definately been busy blogging. It is fun to read though. I tend to not blog enough. So here are my comments for you last few blogs. Aren't you excited to be able to spend more of the holidays with your kids. You are doing the right thing by being home for them. Oh, don't be depressed about your age. It really isn't bad. I have two weeks experience at it. Aren't family games fun. One of our favorite is Uno. It is one that Shaylee can even play pretty well when she isn't telling everyone what color her cards are. I know that depression is a serious thing and a battle you have had for years. You are a lot better mom and person then you give yourself credit for but it is hard not to think of all the things we can be doing better instead of recognizing what we are doing right. I find myself getting discouraged sometimes because I can't do it all or be it all for everyone. Satan knows how to get to us women who want so much to be perfect, discouragement when we think we are not doing enough. Simplify, to many good things will drive us crazy and make us discouraged when we can't do it all. I can't believe how time has flown. Your little girls are getting so big. It is frustrating that breastfeeding is looked down on by so many. I breastfeed Shaylee until she was about fifteen months. Mostly just before bed. I am very impressed that you continue to breastfeed even though it has to be hard at times to take care of two babys. Many wouldn't have even tried. I am an advocate for breastfeeding. If you can, it should be done. I know everyone has to make their own choices and I will never tell a mother they are a bad mother for choosing not to because I don't know there situation. And for some bottle may be better. There are so many health benifits from breastfeeding for your baby and for you. I think you should continue with it as long as you want. Another thing, why pay for formula if you don't need to. Congrats for making it this long. Keep it up.
I just found your comment on my blog!! I'm sorry that it took me so long to get back to you! Obviously I have been a little slow on my daring bakers challenge. Due to work situations etc. I haven't been able to cook like I want to. I'm glad you found me though and if I could remember more about the Daring Bakers I would tell you. I'm not sure if you have joined or not...but thanks for finding me!!
Post a Comment