When we got married, that Christmas we found 12-15 of the cutest ceramic Christmas village buildings all for $3 a piece. Over the next couple years we added a few more as we found them and we found tiny carolers and sledders and tiny trees and a plastic mirrored lake to accessorize. We haven't bought any for several years now, mostly because Wal-Mart doesn't carry them anymore and we probably have them all anyway. So, newly married and pregnant we painted them all. Today I finally got the last one painted. The pic is hard to see but we have cherished the tradition of carefully unwrapping them each year and this year we were so excited to have a "proper" place to finally have them displayed. Here I am today painting the last one--The Pet Shop.
The Pet Shop
Hard to see, but there is a white Christmas light under each building shining thru the windows.
One of our other traditions (one the girls couldn't wait to do from the Advent Calendar today) is our tree skirt. We first did this when Emma was 2 1/2 and Abbey would be 1 in three days. I bought a round white felt tablecloth and cut a slit halfway up the middle. Then we painted their handprints and labeled them with their names and the year. This year we got to add two more childrens' prints and names--so exciting. Emma was in charge of taking pics since both Mom and Dad were incapacitated so you can't tell what is going on in each one so I just decided to include the finished product ready to go under our nice ever-dry tree. Forget evergreen.
1 week ago
























































2 comments:
How fun. I remember when you guys started those houses. I really like the tree skirt idea. That is one that will be awesome to see the changes through the year.
We started those houses, too, for our 1st Christmas in '97!!!
Post a Comment