We have been up to much. Christmas dresses--pics do not do adequate justice. Emma brown with large polka-dots, Abbey brown with daisies, Isabel brown gingham and Olivia brown with small dots.
Gingerbread house made with homemade gingerbread and pattern from internet, cut out, baked, trimmed and decorated with royal icing--the best stuff--better than glue.
And our advent calendar has been distracted as we have been enjoying 12 days of Christmas with more gifts than could have ever been imagined. And words will ne'er be penned that would elaborate the enormous gratitude in our hearts. Anonymously done, we received the first letter several weeks ago eloquently stating in poem-form that we were to write letters and mail them in the included self-addressed, stamped envelope our wishes and needs. We have since gotten a knock at our door each night (starting the 13th) and found on our doorstep everything from $250-$300 in various gift cards; 3 boxes and a large bin full of groceries; Papa John's pizzas; $100 worth of Schwann's goodness; $50 woth of Fandango bucks for Bro. Mo. and I; a huge toy bin full of cleaning products, toilet paper, handmade cleaning cloths, paper towels; Wii game and controllers; clothes; DVD's; a full Christmas Day dinner menu including a frozen turkey and such; and more and we still have a couple days to go, including the big finale as has been eluded to in the poem we receive each night. We cannot imagine what we have done to be worthy of such a gracious unloading of gift-ery but we are eternally grateful.
For the grandparents:
We carpet cleaned all evening Saturday and shampooed arms of couches tonight. Today all day I (and the girls) shopped with Gammy--all in anticipation of the annual Aljuwani Christmas Eve bash. Can't wait! Just wish we could have the weather of Flagstaff. Boy, do we miss the snow!
4 days ago
























































8 comments:
For those who read this blog and the comments attached to it, the 4 dresses really are beautifully made. I have seen them. Anxious to see the girls in them. Nora, you did an amazing job.
Makes me smile to see all your lovely traditions and gratefulness. Can't wait to see how much the twins have grown since I saw them last. Of course I want to see all my other nieces too but the twins will have changed much more than the others!
The dresses were so cute! And your sweet family is so lucky to have an angel looking out for you, Can't wait to see who it is from
You are my hero!!!!!! enough said!!!!
Tithing blessings! I'm so happy for you.
Lovely dresses too. I have to go continue crocheting like a maniac (and a little sewing too) like I have been all week... so I'm way impressed that you blogged!
Merry Christmas, and I love you, babe.
Sounds like things are going wonderfully for you. That is awesome. Hope your Christmas day turned out to be wonderful also. Merry Christmas!
P.S. Great job on the dresses
Your dresses are adorable, I love your choices in colors and fabric. What an amazing 12 days of gifts. Merry Christmas!
WOW!! Someday I want to do that for somebody. Isn't it neat to know that there are people out there that will do something so generous with expecting NOTHING in return? It simply amazes me.
What happened for the grand finale???
Post a Comment