Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

2.10.2009

Let it snow! PLEASE let it snow!



I remember people complaining that they hated the snowy weather when we lived in Flagstaff. But that is the exact reason Bro. Mo. and I ♥LOVED♥ living there. If there were more jobs up there, I think we would move back. And, I'm not saying that as a person who stayed indoors all the time and just watched it gracefully fall from my window.

Well, I did watch it from my window, my open car window at 3 in the morning as it fell and i threw papers out of it! We learned very quickly how to drive in the snow. (And slide off the road, and dent the door with a block of ice and shovel a car out of 3 feet that had crystalized and refrozen for 3 days so I could go rescue a husband who had locked his keys, coat and cell phone in his car.) Good times. Good times. We LIVED in the snow in every sense of the word--for two years!

And now as I look at these pics my sister had on her blog from the past couple days, I am sooooo jealous! I want to be there. I want to go sledding with my long-lost buds up there and watch Dwayne hit a bump on the hill and go flying off his sled again. I want to see rosy cheeks on toddlers and young girls. I want to finally get my aim straight and actually hit Bro. Mo. with a snowball. Ahhh I miss it so!

3 comments:

manderson said...

Since you miss it and love it so much...you want to come shovel my car out of it so I can go places today? And I have a snow day today!! That's 2 now that I've been going to school up here...and you didn't have any when you were up here.

Nora said...

Yes we did--one. But they claimed that the Univ pres was out of town and the vice pres panicked and called a snow day. Don't know if that was true or not.

Jeremy and Cindy said...

I didn't mind some snow up there. It was kind of fun. It was when it got crazy and we had to drive in it.