Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

3.17.2009

Dinner Co-op

Do you know what a dinner co-op is? Well, we have just found out. We are in one with 3 other families and had our first meal brought in last night. May I just say--YUMM-O!! Alta you are amazing! Ranch chicken, creamy potatoes, a way cool salad with lettuce, avocado, monterey jack cheese cubes, tomato, cucumber and almond slivers. Then the dessert--chocolate cake layered with chocolate pudding and whipped cream topped with crumbled Heath bar. My belly thanks you blessed woman!

Tonight we are being graced with Trina's corned beef, cabbage and red potatoes. We have never tried it before and just now as I told Bro. Mo. what corned beef is and that it is similar to pastrami he about salivated all over my couch. Can you say EXCITEMENT!


Tomorrow is our night to cook for everyone else. Thinking along lines of white chili and cornbread or cheesy potato soup and rolls or spaghetti and breadsticks. Haven't decided yet.

4 comments:

Alta Hernandez said...

A very humble thank you! I am glad you enjoyed the dinner. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of our annual St. Patty's Day tradition, corned beef & cabbage! Yummy! The best part is, Trina is making it! YEAH! I think my kitchen might stay clean for 24 hours (that has to be a record). I am looking forward to your dinner. I am sure it will be scrumptous!

Heather (wife, mom) said...

I just heard about this idea too! I think it is such a good idea! Did you guys plan meals together, or do you each pick? Good luck with your dinner- I'm sure it will be delicious!

Jeremy and Cindy said...

Sounds delicious and fun. I have never been involved with one before. I bet it is kind of nice to not have to worry about what to cook for a couple of nights.

Heather K said...

I tried that once with a friend and it lasted the one meal I made for both of us. Easier said than done but sounds like you guys are on a roll!