
General Conference was wonderful as usual. It is interesting to me how tailored the talks are to me or people I know and the specific trials we are dealing with. Actually being able to hear the talks is another matter though with 4 children. But the twins take naps during the times of the sessions so it wasn't too bad. And the girls always get a General Conference packet in Primary to work on and keep them busy. I also wrote my thoughts in my idea notebook and Bro. Mo. wrote his thoughts during the sessions in his journal. It was so sweet to see Bro. Mo. helping *A* look up scriptures to complete a page in her packet. Some of the things said in talks that struck me were:
President Dieter F. Uctdorf:
We have to stick with the gospel. We don't acquire eternal life in a sprint. It is wonderful that Heavenly Father loves us even with all our flaws. When we start to give up on ourselves, He never will.
Elder Neil L. Andersen:
The Lord will shape the back to fit the burden. We are "nobody's." If we ever forget that, the Lord will immediately remind us of it and it won't be pleasant.
Steven E. Snow:
4 steps to preparing for changes that will come--1)follow the prophets, 2)keep an eternal perspective, 3)have faith, 4)be of good cheer
Sister Barbara Thompson:
I loved that she used the lyrics to "The Time Is Far Spent" as the basis for her talk
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland:
his talk was for all who have felt alone, betrayed, abandoned, and I learned something new about the Atonement.
President Thomas S. Monson admonished us to turn our thoughts away from the troubles of the world for a moment and think of our blessings.
Elder Dallin H. Oaks:
You can't be a lifesaver if you look like all the other swimmers on the beach.
Elder David A. Bednar:
blessings of the temple
Elder L. Tom Perry:
member-missionaries--3 objectives in the Doctrine and Covenants:
1)warn your neighbor D&C 88:81
2)open your mouths D&C 33:7-8
3)bringing sould unto Christ D&C 18
President Thomas S. Monson:
admonished us to study the talks when they come out in church magazines, ponder and apply them in our lives; warning: adversary is stronger than ever and using every tool he can; beware of pornography (and I found it interesting that he knew to include the newest form of pornography--sexting); go to the temple often.
We were at Mom and Dad's house to watch conference, as usual, and it was so neat to see *E* and *A* kneeling on the floor across from my Dad shelling peanuts with him as we watched conference.
1 week ago
























































1 comments:
It was a great conference. I know they are inspired. I am grateful for the the knowledge of the gospel that I have.
Post a Comment