Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

6.17.2009

Busy Bee

Between my job and getting things ready for Girls' Camp next week, I have had little time to play (i.e., blog) lately. I am seeing orange--that is our assigned color to go along with our ward's attribute--KINDNESS.

So BFF and I (she is the Camp Director; I am the assistant) have been shopping and plotting and planning all things orange. It's amazing what things you can find when you actually have to be on the lookout for that color.

So currently, I am am sewing a bag for each girl, we have to embellish the orange t-shirts we got, and I finished the last hat last night. I came up with a logo a couple months ago of an orange slice to go with our color. So it is going on almost everything, including the hats that we dyed orange, and wrote on with black fabric paint the name of each girl, our saying around the bottom of the slice that says "Kindness begins with me" and Camp 2009 on the strap, along with a little bow on the back of the hat made out of orange polka-dotty ribbon.

Many other things are being "stressfully" planned such as our skit and teaching basic Primary songs to our girls who have not been through Primary because their family just joined the church or have not been active or are not a member of the church, etc. So it has been a little stressful trying to get them excited and convinced that:

THEY ARE NOT TAKING THEIR CELL PHONES!!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

The YW are soo lucky to have you! I would have loved the cute stuff you are doing for them when I was younger.

The Gooding Family said...

Hi Nora! I so enjoyed catching up on your blog~you're doing such a great job and it's fun to read. Enjoy girls camp!!! Love ya, Wendy

Jeremy and Cindy said...

How fun! I am sure it is keeping you busy though. Thank goodness for your creative streak that makes it a little easier. Too funny about the cell phones.