Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

8.06.2009

F.F.F.


♥♥♥♥♥♥ Friendly Friday Faces ♥♥♥♥♥♥


This week's F.F.F. is my Mom, Viki.



1. Where were you born, # of siblings and one thing your mom did in raising you that you are very glad she did?

Born in Auburn, Washington (never lived there) and raised in Salt Lake City -- Sugarhouse.-- 1 brother, 2 sisters all younger -- Mom did so many things that influenced who I have become. I guess the most important thing is, being adopted, that she, and my Dad, always treated me as their own. To Dad, I was his "first-born special baby".

2. What is one of your scariest childhood memories?

Riding in the car on a VERY narrow, winding mountain dirt road and a truck towing a camp trailer going down was trying to pass us. I looked out the passenger side window and couldn't see the road -- only sliding off the cliff to my death. I swear the wheels must have been barely on the road.

3. If you could be a dessert, what would you be?

Raspberry cheesecake

4. Where would you most like to travel if you could go anywhere and money was not an issue?

No brainer. Austrailia -- all of it.

5. What is your biggest pet peeve?

That's hard to decide. I am quite tolerant of most everything. I guess one would be others slowness keeping me from being somewhere on time.

6. What is your favorite calling in the church?

I haven't ever worked in YW so I don't know if any of those positions would be in the running as favorite. Of the callings I have had, I would have to say chorister. I've been chorister in Primary, Relief Society, and Sac. Mtg. But don't include choir director (which I was in one of my BYU wards) in the mix. I also really enjoy doing the bulletin and newsletter.

7. An embarrassing moment since you've been married?

We were visiting my parents in Salt Lake and we were at church at the meetinghouse I grew up in. I had gone to the ladies restroom which was located on the second floor. As I was walking down the stairs (about 20 steps) leading to the foyer, I was halfway down when I slipped and fell the rest of the way. There were about 5 men from the other ward in the foyer that came running to me to see if I was OK. Luckily I maintained my modesty and didn't break anything. Just call me Grace.

8. If you could be a car, what would you be?

A suburban -- big (which I am), comfortable (all that fat is good for something), lots of room for grandkids, and can go far on a full tank.

9. Favorite old movie?

How old? So many to choose from. "The Adventures of Robin Hood", "Casablanca", "Singing in the Rain" are a few of them.

10. Something you are proud of in the way you raised your kids?

All 6 are doing what they need to do (in spite of not-what-they-really-want jobs) to provide for themselves and their families. They are hard-working, kind, family-oriented, and are friends with each other (finally).

0 comments: