Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

8.11.2009

Is it because it's Tuesday?!

Last Tuesday was a crappy day too. Wanna know why?

Everything keeps breaking or going wrong!

Last Tuesday it was the fact that one of my children left my deep freeze door ajar and when I discovered it Tuesday afternoon, many things were thawed. The darn thing hasn't been freezing hard lately anyway--probably because its full and out in the way-too-hot garage. The fact that it is as old as me probably doesn't help either. A/C unit not working like it should be either. Our electric bill for this month is $268!!!! And we had been keeping it at 77 degrees.

Well, today it's my dryer. I put clothes in it last night and when I went to get them out this morning they were still damp. So, I tried to start it and it made the sound that it was going to turn on and then-------it didn't. Neither Bro. Mo. nor I are very technically inclined, so this means we have to wait until we can get my Dad in a good mood and bribe him up here to fix it. Ugh! Not good---most of the girls' laundry is dirty and school starts in 5 days. No clothesline either! Now what do I do?

Ever get the feeling like everything goes wrong in only your life? Like, maybe you're not meant to be a grown-up, living on your own and especially raising a family? Why does it feel like all these things break because I really have no idea what I am doing? How to upkeep a yard so I don't get HOA letters warning me of "excess tree debris" or how to maintain an A/C unit so it will work properly? Or when my garbage disposal was on the blink a few weeks ago? I feel so dumb sometimes when I can't do simple household repairs or car maintenance.

4 comments:

J-mama said...

Yesterday was a rough one for me, too. I was woken up by a kid who'd had a potty accident at 2:30 and it seemed the pee didn't stop flowing all day! Couldn't get back to sleep, so I was super cranky, but still trying to give J a good bday was hard! So keep that in mind when you read my happy post! My day was super tough too, I feel for ya!

The Gooding Family said...

They say it happens in 3's. It did for us last year! Had to get new tires on nearly new van, computer crashed...and I can't think of the third. Oh, and this was in December of all months!! I know how you're feeling. What about calling your home teacher? Or think of someone handy and suggest some sort of a "trade"? I know you're super talented in cooking, sewing and your CAKES!! I'd trade my hubby for any one of those things! Anyway, thinking of you...hang in there.

Jeremy and Cindy said...

Sorry to hear about all the problems. I know what you mean. I never realized that being grown up was so hard at times. So many responsibilities and you really don't realize how much you don't know until you in the middle of it. Hope that things look up over the next few days.

falwyn said...

Yeah, isn't it funny how we assumed as kids that our parents could just do everything?

I'm trying to tell myself that there're just things I have to learn. And I can... even if at times I don't want to. Maintenance, or (for me) fashion and home decorating and stuff. Just like I didn't know how to scrapbook at one time, but I read magazines and such and learned. So that's what I tell myself.