Cute huh? I didn't make these, but I did make some to try out the technique. 
(I didn't make these exact ones--I wanted to do something to go with our current season and something simple.)
After seeing them all over the place at:




(I used to think there was nothing to this thing called photography. Well, I was mistaken. I can't take a good picture for all the corn husks in Kansas. The lighting, the lens, the focus, the pixels, the resolution blah, blah blah. But it's not blah. So to Kristen and Sammie---I tip my hat to you.)

I made the Christmas ones last year--one for me and one for Bro. Mo. (yes my husband wears aprons and LOVES it; he has a Diamondbacks one too) in our favorite colors. And, I had to settle for what I could find for my fall fabric. Halloween is still to come. Need to visit a different store--the purple with candy corns didn't cut it.
and
I was intrigued. What recipe did they use for the icing? How do they get it to come out so glossy? And how in the world does "what's-her-name" at Cookies and Cups place the cookie in individual cello bags and put them atop each other in the box without them all geting smudged and smushed?
So after making this batch yesterday using this technique and letting them dry for several hours (overnight) I had my answer.
But my other question was this: Do they taste good?
Yeah--the fact that I was taking the pics at 10:00 last night before they all got eaten, might attest to that fact. I've heard many say they don't like to use store-bought fondant or fondant at all because it tastes yucky. So with what the icing recipe called for in these cookies I was skeptical.
I have eaten way too many. I wanted them to be able to taste just like the ones I used to bring Jon Brown in Sunday School many moons ago. Alas, they did!
So, now that I've gotten the technique learned--we will be cook-ied out by the time I master it, we can now entertain ideas of birthday, wedding, bridal shower, baby shower, holiday ................ cookies!




(I used to think there was nothing to this thing called photography. Well, I was mistaken. I can't take a good picture for all the corn husks in Kansas. The lighting, the lens, the focus, the pixels, the resolution blah, blah blah. But it's not blah. So to Kristen and Sammie---I tip my hat to you.)And, what's a day of cookie-baking without a really cool apron? 


I made the Christmas ones last year--one for me and one for Bro. Mo. (yes my husband wears aprons and LOVES it; he has a Diamondbacks one too) in our favorite colors. And, I had to settle for what I could find for my fall fabric. Halloween is still to come. Need to visit a different store--the purple with candy corns didn't cut it.
























































5 comments:
Love them! you did great on the pumpkins and it's good to know they taste good too. Yes, I see endless possibilities in this arena as well....
Those look wonderful. Nice work! I think I'll follow suit and have my little one make something creative for the holidays.
I want the recipe for the frosting! I looked on the links but couldn't find anything.
I am with Reina! I looked at the link too and couldn't find anything... are you willing to share or is it a secret? They look darling :)
Very nice! It looks like you are keeping yourself busy like always.
Post a Comment