Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

10.12.2009

No-No's "Not"-i-ness



So, you think you know me?


I did not today, nor do I ever let my children wake up at 6 am to their own alarm clock, get themselves in the shower, dresses and breakfast while I sleep in until 7 am.

Well, Bro. Mo. and I did not sit together and watch Dr. Oz today as he discussed women's libido, why it is low and how to get it back.

And Bro. Mo. did not nod his head vigorously in agreement all the while saying "Yes" and "Thank You" as Dr. Oz tried to explain how men feel about their wives' bodies because it is the exact thing Bro. Mo. has been trying to tell me for years each time I try to make him admit that he thinks I am the way I think I am. Confused? Well, don't be. It only took us 10 years to get on the same page.

And I certainly did not ignore household duties today to work on these babies. More like practice--nowhere near what they need to be looking like.
Nor did I go to the bank today, like an idiot, forgetting it was a holiday--for them! When do us Mom's get a holiday where we can not have to do our job for one day--and get paid for it? Right---I would not even know what to do with myself.

And I would never, especially not today, make a pot of pork-n-beans and spoon-feed it to my 20-month-olds in the living room to save myself from having to clean up their mess.

All, in all, I did not have a pretty drab day. Not much not-i-ness.

Of course, not babysitting a niece overnight has made it interesting, since my kids think having someone over grants them the ability to act up and drive me I.N.S.A.N.E. Needless to say, *A* did not go to bed at 6:30p.m. because of a temper tantrum.

1 comments:

Viki said...

Mother's aren't the only ones that have "UNPAID HOLIDAYS". Teachers and us lowly teacher-aides get ZERO pay for any days off from school.