Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

10.14.2009

Apple Butter


Friday will be my first attempt--at apple butter, that is. I have never had it (the mind reels that a foodie like me has never had it) but for some reason, the name just screams FALL to me. (And, let's face it, we AZ-ans need all the help we can get---pass a little rainy weather my way Cali) I mean, where can you go wrong slathering the innerds of an apple pie on a warm biscuit or plain muffin? But, I have seen all kinds of recipes. With vinegar, with lemon juice, made with store-bought applesauce (which I would never dream of), brown sugar v. white sugar........Kinda lost now.


Would someone just tell me the best, easiest cheapest way to make it so I don't have to mess around with all those recipes out there?


So now I am all confused. Do I go for the simple---apples, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, or are the recipes that add a little sumpin'sumpin' better?


Anyone have a fool-proof recipe they use or tested different recipes?

1 comments:

Troop 714 said...

Hey Nora -

I'm not sure if you know the Petty's but they are in our ward now and she always has some really awesome recipes on her blog. I just made her apple oatmeal cookies the other night! A few weeks ago she did apple butter too! Check it out & she has good instructions and pictures!
mspetty.blogspot.com