Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

11.14.2009

Annual Lakeside Ward Relief Society Retreat


Wasn't gonna go. But I have a righteous, loving hubby that kept encouraging me to go and good friends that I carpooled with to last nights' fesivities (thanks Mary and Jennifer). I love these types of things. Always have. But there was a person who kept making me feel like I should be ashamed to go, even though in the back of my mind I truly did not want to miss out on it. It was wonderful!! (of course, I knew it would be) I just felt bad because I hadn't signed up in time so they didn't plan on me food-wise. A good social night and dinner/games last night and a day full of mini-classes and yummy food today. Most important was the spiritual uplifting. It doesn't matter where it is held each year or who is doing the planning. It was so invigorating and I am renewed with a firm sense of who I am and what I am supposed to do. I feel sorry for those who didn't want to come or thought something else was more important.
Women need women.
We ate a lunch made from things you can store as food storage, including what I ended up making for dinner. Thai Peanut Chicken Chow Mein. (oh and whole wheat rolls frozen last week and thawed for tonight)
And then I returned to a home with happy, fed, napping children (the twins anyway) and a husband eager to hear all about it and happy to see me happier.

3 comments:

Viki said...

Women DO need women. Now I have something to blog. Thanks, Nora.

Reina said...

It was good to see you. Wish I could have been there today but I was at Tia's wedding in the temple. Hope to see you soon!

Reina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.