Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

11.01.2009

NaBloPoMo and Hallo-weeny

Let's see if I can complete NaBloPoMo this year; last year I missed it by one day! One stinking day!
Halloween wore us out. Went out of town Friday for a funeral and 5 hours of cleaning my Mom's house and the football game, sans kids. Got home around 11 Friday night. Then Saturday I had my Pampered Chef party in the a.m. and tailoring, fitting, jerry-rigging, and altering costumes in the p.m.




Our Trunk or Treat was kinda boring compared to last year. We then tried to go hit up a neighborhood. It was too late. Only a few houses were answering their doors. Maybe next year we'll just hit a neighborhood or two earlier like 5-ish and then stay home and make treats and hand out candy--I don't know. We didn't even decorate our car for the Trunk or Treat this year, and usually we win, if that tells you how burnt out we were by the end of the day. Then I was up till midnight or so making a scrumptious apple pie with the apples we used in a contest at my party--didn't want to waste the apples.




We forgot to take pics before we left, so these are all taken after we got home, kids were tired and cranky; and rumpled and smeared. And they don't do justice to the oober-cuteness.



The girls carved their own pumpkin this year. Bro. Mo. helped clean out the guts and tape on the stencil, but *E* and *A* did all the carving.




Getting our apples prepped on Monday for FHE. I won't be using that caramel recipe again. After I went into my cookbooks and looked up caramel, I saw that their recipes were exactly the same as the one I used except they called for sweetened condensed milk, rather than evaporated milk. I should've known! There IS a major difference. Hello!


Caramel Apple-y goodness about to be dredged in crushed Kit Kat, Butterfinger and Peanut M&M's. Yumm-o!

0 comments: