Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

11.21.2009

Word of 2009

The world we live in is so funny sometimes. Turns out, the words for this year that were nominated to be inducted into the dictionaries are words I have actually heard or even used.



According to Yahoo.com, the word "unfriend" was named word of 2009. We have become so techno-mainstream that we make up new words for the use of said technology. To "unfriend" someone is to remove someone from a social network such as Facebook.





There were many other words that I found interesting--sexting, intexticated, and freemium. Ever heard 'em? These were nominees for the Oxford American Dictionary.





The Oxford English Dictionary actually added "muggle." You know? From Harry Potter? Other words added included screenager, three-quel and blamestorming.




I have a few of my own words I want added. And I want credit for them--hee hee. Like "nother." You know, like in this sentence: "That's a whole nother problem." Or how about "thunk?" "Who woulda thunk?" "Ginormous" is another one I see a lot. I can't have credit for it though. I don't even say it. Maybe it's already been inducted.


And here's what I am at this moment:





a cyberslacker

0 comments: