Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

1.18.2010

Porie-Porie-Bo-Borie-Banana-Fana-"Faux"-Forie

I have become quite the frugal-ista in the last few years. Or cheap. Whichever you prefer. So I HATE to buy anything for full price. I prefer "faux."


Remember these? Those definitely aren't vinyl!


My latest endeavors included thrift store lamp posts that were lovingly spray-painted and fitted with a Big Lots lamp shade, which was torn apart and recovered with some fabrics matching my decor.




My latest loves include these:

and these:


But, will I pay $30 for a tin star or an ivy topiary?



Nay.



I will not reveal my plans on how I am recreating the star--it may be fruitless. But the topiary is easy-cheesy-rice-and-peasy.



Can't wait to get 'er done.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Those red stars are everywhere here. . . here they mean you are a Dallas Cowboys fan! LOL.

Jeremy and Cindy said...

How fun! I am really going to have to try that sometime.