And once again I was asked the inevitable question:
"Do you work?"
Hmmm.......let me think of possible answers to that question as my day unravels in my head like a yarn ball rolling across the floor as a cat chases after the string and claws it while lying on its back.
"Not for pay," I reply. What a stupid answer. Seriously. Spend one day with two screaming two-year-olds as they both want to be held (at the same time, all the while screaming at each other: "My Mommy!") or being told off by a 7-year-old who claims you never spend time with her. She would rather throw her two younger sisters out the window most of the time. (in theory) And the TV is my best friend this summer. (not by choice)
Contemplating the wages owed a mother of four. And wondering how the heck that Mom of 19 Kids and Counting is still standing on her feet and actually has hair and make-up done. Oh, thats right. Her "crew" does it for her. Just once I would love to watch one of these shows like Duggars or Kate plus 8 candidly as a fly on the wall. A fly that is most likely hovering above a shard of poop that was flung out of a diaper. At least that's what I keep telling myself to maintain my own sanity.
"Do you work?"
Hmmm.......let me think of possible answers to that question as my day unravels in my head like a yarn ball rolling across the floor as a cat chases after the string and claws it while lying on its back.
"Not for pay," I reply. What a stupid answer. Seriously. Spend one day with two screaming two-year-olds as they both want to be held (at the same time, all the while screaming at each other: "My Mommy!") or being told off by a 7-year-old who claims you never spend time with her. She would rather throw her two younger sisters out the window most of the time. (in theory) And the TV is my best friend this summer. (not by choice)
Contemplating the wages owed a mother of four. And wondering how the heck that Mom of 19 Kids and Counting is still standing on her feet and actually has hair and make-up done. Oh, thats right. Her "crew" does it for her. Just once I would love to watch one of these shows like Duggars or Kate plus 8 candidly as a fly on the wall. A fly that is most likely hovering above a shard of poop that was flung out of a diaper. At least that's what I keep telling myself to maintain my own sanity.
So how can I even THINK of going back to work? Sometimes you have to do what is necessary. Although, when I used to work at Safeway, this is how I felt. My mind has a hard time separating from home life and what is happening there while I am away. That is maybe the hardest part of working while being a mother. 
























































2 comments:
Don't you love when people ask you that!?! I always want to say yes I am the CEO of Gibson. If they ask what Gibson is I would tell them it is three (four when the baby comes) very high maintance people that I work for. And leave it at that. Because as you know a mother works 24/7 and sometimes with little thanks. But the thanks you do get is always worth it! Nora- You are doing a GREAT job! I don't think I could raise four little girls. I am having a hard time with my one.
Post a Comment