Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

7.08.2010

3rd of July?

Independence Day this year found us in Pomerene. The annual small-town parade consisting mainly of Barney's Auto Sales promotions and tractors. And teh Alumni Band. Incidentally, each year that I go and watch them perform I wish I had played. Although, I don't even know if I would know the notes on my sax anymore. And I would have to borrow one--which I have NEVER had to do before--'cuz mine is not operable. I should sell it.


Then back to Mom and Dad's for a hap-hazard day. We didn't really plan anything (which drives Bro. Mo. kuh-razy) so we had pretzel dogs for lunch. Then off to watch the performance and then to find a spot to watch the glitter of the night. To heck with the park. Who needs it? We have~~trumpets blare~~Safeway plaza parking lot! Best seat in the house. And to spend it with our best friends--The Montgomery's--made it oh-so-nice. And of course, Mom, Dad, Grandma and Margo.

0 comments: