Anyone want to take a guess at the thing that can deflate a new homeowners elation faster than anything else?
A freakin' electric bill in the $300's!
Eeeeek gads!
Thats what I was thinking as I opened our online electric bill Friday.
I guess I didn't pay much attention to Bro. Mo. when he explained that an A/C unit is tailored to the square footage of the home. So even though the actual unit doesn't look much bigger than the one in the other house, it, in fact, is.
So I was gonna make a joke and post pictures of windmills and solar panels, when, lo and behold I came across articles like this one that actually tell you how to make a windmill to create electricity for your home. Now instead of it being a joke, it is actually worth thinking about.



























































1 comments:
Ahhhh, desert life in the summer!!! Set the A/C for a higher temp and use fans. Using fans recreates a "wind chill" effect but only use them IF people are in the room. They cool people, not air so turn them off in vacant rooms to save electricity.
Post a Comment