Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

9.22.2010

Milestones

Some milestones are good.



But in our family it's the bad ones that leave a mark. Like the fact that I have had to start applying duct tape to every one of my girls' diapers at about 14-18 months because they hit the "milestone" of figuring out how to take it off. And then there is the carseat "milestone" that all my kids hit at about 18 months-2 years. The one where they figure out how to unlatch the top clasp on the carseat. So it is currently turned backward on each seat until a future date when they figure that out too. Then there is the opening-the-freezer/fridge-door "milestone." Today I figured they were watching a movie in their room. Nope! They decided they wanted some blueberries so they got the huge Costco bag out of the freezer and proceeded to open it with scissors (which they found in the kitchen drawer they belong in--its not like I keep scissors lying around.) I found mouths and clothes and floor decorated a nice shade of purple.


And the current "milestone" which has beset us. This little "DAH-LIN" has learned to climb out of her crib. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! And not just her crib but both cribs. I actually thought it was the design of the crib and not the child. So I tried switching them yesterday. Yup, she figured it out too.
My days of sleeping in a bit longer or actually getting a nap are over. Now I have to figure out the best way to solve this. Do I train them for big girl beds or just put mattresses on the floor for a while or put a gate up in their doorway at night. Of course even 2 gates (one placed on top of the other) in a doorway couldn't stop *E* at age 4 from getting out of her room during her naptime and ending up naked in the community pool. (I've probably told that story before. Have I told that story before?)

4 comments:

Reina said...

Bob totally unlocks his car seat how do I turn the top around. I don't really understand it? You need a blog on that.

Linda said...

They make breathable translucent tents you can put over the crib.... it has a zipper ... kind of keeps them trapped in. That's an option!?? Google it. Good luck!

Linda said...

Here's a link... looks like they are a bit pricey.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tots-In-Mind-Crib-Tent/6372421?sourceid=1500000000000003260330&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=6372421

Chad and Kristen said...

I don't think you have told that story before about *E* naked at the community pool hahahah love to hear it!!