*E* and *A* love to be helping in the kitchen. As evidenced when I woke up Monday morning to find my nicely cleaned kitchen to be a DISASTER!!
They decided to bake brownies and cookies on their own. We made them their own cookbooks a couple years ago and they like to add to them. But, alas, nothing got baked. They soon realized that you should check first to make sure you have all the ingredients. *E* didn't have any ginger for her recipe so it got scratched. And *A*--oh *A*--please make sure you know the difference between a cup and a teaspoon. The girls kept taste-testing the batter for her brownies and said it tasted a bit funny. *E* even kept saying she kept burping up soda. Soda? So I put 2 and 2 together and asked *A* how much baking soda she put in. Sure enough. 1/4 CUP instead of 1/4 TEASPOON!! So her recipe never got baked either.

Makes me wonder how my mom ever got courageous enough to let me experiment in the kitchen as much as I did. And not yell at me when I wasted ingredients.
























































2 comments:
and i have a time where i put water in a bowl and used about the whole cupboard of spices and stired it together~abbey
LOL- oh man, I can't stop laughing! She'll only have to learn that one once (so we hope, eh?). :D Don't stop trying Abbey...you can make me brownies any time!
Post a Comment