Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

7.31.2008

Hectic Life

Well I feel like I haven't posted for a long time--a whole week! We moved the twins out of our room (yes I cried every time Billy mentioned it) and got a crib (thank you so much all grandparents and AJ and Alicia). Someday we will have enough money to do anything. It has been scary for the past couple weeks--Billy's architecture firm has been hit with the recent Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac scare--no one can get financed to build. And we have been relying on overtime to make it since I am not working. So his boss was cutting into everyone's regular hours, let alone OT hours. He knows our situation, so he still let him work a few. But....argh! August was supposed to be a great month and now we are trying to pull ourselves back into the black. Oh well! Nothing new and we see a light at the end of our financial tunnel. Hint: Don't live on credit cards while in college and have two car loans all at the same time. Not to mention the student loans and medical bills. Anyway...enough of that.

Yesterday I made a cake for Christina. Took all day. She wanted to have one to give to a girl who graduated from the SEABHS program. It will be coming up in the slideshow of my cakes. Trying to get more adept at different methods so I can start a cake business. The pic will come if I ever get my new monitor on the desktop so I can download them. One of Billy's old co-workers gave us all his furniture (they are moving to Australia and don't want to take it) so we got a nice hand-made desk that is perfect for the older girls' room, so we can finally set up both of their computers and not just Emma's. But we sold one of their monitors at the last yard sale, not thinking we would be able to have both computers set up this soon. So we gave them our old flat panel and got a new one. Stupid Dell account has to be open still tempting us. Oh well. So right now I am stuck with the laptop.

Also, a point I have been wanting to bring up. Why is it that when you have a set of twins, your family all of a sudden becomes a spectacle? Hasn't anyone ever seen a set of twins before? We can't get out of a store or anywhere without hearing people whispering as we walk by or come up and look into their carseats. And stop asking if they are boys! Guess I am going to always have a barette in their hair. I put some in the other day and that is the first thing Billy said--"Now people will know they are girls." We wish. We had the Chinese employees at the restaurant in Bashas' almost walking out the door with us one time. And the other night we saw Mom and Dad in Wal-Mart and we were talking at the end of a register when two women came up obviously wanting to pepper us with questions. I ignored them hoping they would go away, but no. I try to be polite but there comes a time when I just want to get in and out and not talk to anyone. CRAZY! Plus I rarely get out of the store without the people who ask about the twins also asking if the older two are also twins. Oh my word! They are almost two years apart. Come on people. Okay that is my sarcasm alottment for the day. HAHA

2 comments:

Roxy Dozier said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has days like. No twins for me but a fast grocery trip is out of the question.

Chad and Kristen said...

I seriously don't see how anyone can NOT know that they are girls?!?! Crazy!!
I can't wait to see the pic of the cake! I had no idea you wanted to start a business making cakes...good for you, you obviously have the talent to make it work!!