Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

7.21.2008

Kartchner Caverns


One of Emma's B-day presents was to go to Kartchner Caverns. She went on a field trip in school last year to Colossal Cave and loved it so we figured it was a good idea. The original day we had booked was her actual birthday (May 10th) so she was free because she was technically under age 7 until 9:29 that night and kids under 7 are free. But when we drove down -- with Mom meeting us at the junction to take the twins and having had all plans finalized--I decided to look at the confirmation letter which said May 01 instead of May 10. I asked Billy and he said he had reserved tickets for May 10th. So I called, but sure enough our tickets had been cancelled because we had not shown up on May1st. CRAP! So we stayed the weekend as planned anyway since we were already at the junction by the time we realized the mix-up. Anyway we rescheduled because luckily they will let you do that. But the lady I rescheduled with would not let Emma still be free, even though the guy I talked to the original day said she would. Oh well! We had a great time. Abbey was a little apprehensive during the tour guide briefing but once we were in she kept saying how cool it was. They knew what kinds of things to look for--bacon, popcorn, soda straws and such, so they really enjoyed it.


2 comments:

Jeremy and Cindy said...

Sounds fun. You want to know a secret. I have never been in Kartchner's Caverns. People from thousands of miles away have been but someone who grew up within a few miles hasn't. Go figure. Someday I'll make the trip.

The Gooding Family said...

We've still not been to Kartchner Caverns but it does look like fun!