Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

7.18.2008

Mommy-and-Me-Time


So Emma went to Grandma's this week for her little stint. Abbey was feeling back to normal having me all to herself--or almost--without Emma anyway. But the funny thing is that when they are separated, each other is all they can think about. The first thing Abbey says in the morning is "Can I call Emma?" and when Grandma answers the phone, Abbey automatically says "Hi Grandma. Can I talk to Emma?" And it was the same when the roles were switched. The other thing they are getting better at and enjoying is instant messaging. They each do it with Daddy while he is at work too. Ahhh, the advantages of technology ;o) Well, let's see--what have we done this week? We have played Barbie's, but I must pretend wrong because she just looks at me and laughs. Then after I got down on the floor to play she shouts out "Wow Mom! I didn't know you could sit on the floor!" We have played Pong on the Playstation, Yahtzee, and Aggravation. We made blueberry muffins for breakfast yesterday, and with Daddy last night we went and got her backpack and lunch bag for school. Barbie backpack and High School Musical lunch bag. (Of course! Is there anything else? She was disappointed that there were no HSM backpacks.) And then her treat out was going to Baskin Robbins or BR as she calls it. We had the inevitable "Mom, I'm bored" and "You don't play with me" fits. Yes dear, the twins do take up a bit of my time. Anyway, tomorrow it is off to Kartchner Caverns. Next week's goals: finish the piggies and keep my sanity somehow.

1 comments:

Viki said...

Sitting down on the floor is the easy part. It's the getting back up that is difficult. What CUTE photos of Iz and O and the new one of Abs, too.