Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

9.09.2008

And my thoughts came tumbling down...

Recently, as I have been reflecting on my role as mother in Zion, wife to a gorgeous man--inside and out--, daughter of God, sister, aunt, etc. and thinking about the Nielson family in Mesa, I have changed a lot of the ways I have been spending my earthly minutes. Reading Nie's blog really helped me realize I need to do better. I bore my testimony twice Sunday, cried through the closing song in Relief Society (How Great Thou Art--actually there was not a dry eye in the room), and such. I felt an overwhelming love for my Mr. Morgan as I watched him prepare his Teachers' Quorum lesson Sunday morning after he had gone to a Priesthood Mtg, and then as he gave the lesson in FHE I was just so attracted to him. Also, we had gotten waaayy out of the habit of reading our scriptures and praying together. So Sunday we started again. WOW! I can tell you (and he feels the same, as he told me yesterday) that just those two acts daily can strengthen a marriage faster than any way I know. We just felt so "on track" afterward and all day yesterday. The Sunday before last we had a 5th Sunday combined RS and Priesthood mtg where our bishop initiated a fellowship program for the less active members of our ward. We get to pair up (spouse, VT companion or what-have-you) and teach a series of 5 lessons --one per week for 5 weeks--to people in whom the bishop has already spoken to and who want to become reactivated and have the lessons. We are using the Preach My Gospel book that the missionaries use. Now we are in a separate Sunday School class learning how to teach those lessons. So that is what got Billy started in thinking about reading and praying together again. To feel prepared to do that. There is nothing sexier than watching your man exercise his Priesthood, magnify his calling and hearing him pray for our marriage and our family.

0 comments: