Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

10.23.2008

Isn't It Funny...

...how sometimes the Lord lets us know the reason why we were supposed to go down a certain road.

A few posts ago I told how Bro. Mo. had an interview but I wasn't letting on where; well, long story short--he never got called back so we assumed the answer was to stick it out with his current company. As we discussed it further, trying to make ourselves feel better, we realized it wouldn't have been a good thing to move afterall. And in talking to my Mom, she happened to say a few things to help me feel better.

The job was at Freeport-McMoran mine in Morenci. We were excited at the prospect of moving back to Thatcher/Safford again. Mom mentioned that even that kind of work depends on the economy and that if the price of copper dropped jobs would be in jeopardy.

Well, ironically, guess what happened today? Copper fell dramatically. Newest hires will likely be first to go if layoffs occur. Wow, we know our answer from the Lord was to stay; don't quite know how it will work out, but we follow our promptings.

3 comments:

Jeremy and Cindy said...

Thank goodness the Lord looks out for us. I guess it is costing more to process the copper than they are making off of it. Hopefully it all levels out pretty soon.

The Duchess said...

The Lord always watches out for us. Sometimes it may not make sense to us at the time, but we need to trust Him. His why usually isn't revealed to us until later. I was reading an economic article and the economy is officially in recession in AZ and it is not expected to rebound until June 09 at earliest(that is being totally optimisitc). So He totally had your back here.

MANDERSON said...

Wow, that's awesome that there was an immediate affect from your uneasy feelings about moving to Safford. I get to see everyone in less than two weeks! YAY! And stay for 4 days. Are we wearing certain color dresses for the wedding or anything? I want to be a little dressed up.