Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

10.09.2008

One of the new cakes


I put off posting a pic of it since I am not happy with it. Derek saved it with his shadowing effects. It just didn't turn out the way I had envisioned it in my mind. Oh well--lesson learned.

It is basically a puzzle--each piece was made and cut out of a different colored fondant. The problem with fondant is that it dries quickly, so that by the time I had it put together I couldn't roll over it to mesh the pieces together. Also I had planned on having the shape of the cake the shape of Mario, so there would have been no white around him. But that would've been a small cake and we had lots of people at the party.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I think it looks A-MAZING- the colors and shading are great.

Jeremy and Cindy said...

I think it looks pretty good. I couldn't have done half as good as you did.