Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

10.13.2008

Vote YES on 102!

OK--so you need to go here first (please) and watch the video under the post entitled "Yes on 102!" (thanks Aubrey) for this post to make sense. I am not proficient at the whole code writing and stuff so I couldn't get it copied to my blog.

This outrages me! In AZ we are going through the same thing, except we are voting on it for the first time as an amendment so it will not be able to be revoked. California has to vote again after it was appealed in their Supreme Court the first time. Our stake president said that only 4 times in the history of this dispensation of Christ's gospel has the church become involved in a political matter. Usually we are just admonished to pray and study who we believe we should vote for. But several denominations have asked for the church's help on this "biggie." And as soon as The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints got involved, suddenly people were angry. "Oh no!" they said. "Now the Mormons are in on this, so of course it will get passed." Well, we were the followers this time, not the leaders. We are certainly not the only people who believe in the sacredness of marriage. We have members volunteering to make calls to inform voters of the importance of a Yes on 102, and people are putting bumper stickers and signs. We are trying to do our part as we feel as strong as we possibly could on this matter. I have to laugh at the signs that are up for a No on 102--the only thing they can come up with is "Keep politicians out of marriage." Please! Politicians did not institute marriage. GOD did! He created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Adam or Eve and Eve. Our bodies were created in such a sacred way as to bring the precious spirit children (that we all are) to this earth. That cannot be done in a homosexual relationship. I know this is very blunt but it totally reaffirms my beliefs, and, hey--its my blog. PLEASE vote, and vote YES ON 102.

4 comments:

Desi said...

No one should be afraid to post their opinion. I vote no just as passionately as you vote yes. People should be more respecful of others choices.

I don't think you should have had to change your post, but I understand how hard it can be.

Unknown said...

I read what you wrote on Modern Molly and I also read the comment that I am sure prompted you to remove a portion of your post. Please know that not all of us feel like she does. That I fully support you being able to write on your personal blog anything you feel is neccessary. Whether I agree with it or not. I know that you meant no harm with what you wrote and that you were just trying to find a way to express a sensitive subject. By the way I live in Az as well and have been heavily involved in the Prop. 102 campaign. Take care.

Jeremy and Cindy said...

Thanks for sharing. Politics is such a touchy subject. Your comments could be helping someone to understand the propsition better and make a choice.

Misc Molly said...

I just want to say that I admire your willingness to stand for what you believe in. President Hinckley said, "“… I do not know that things were worse in the times of Sodom and Gomorrah. … I think our Father must weep as He looks down upon His wayward sons and daughters.” He went on to say: “We must not give up. We must not become discouraged. We must never surrender to the forces of evil. … If it means standing alone, we must do it.

“But we shall not be alone.”