Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

4.30.2009

A Challenge

How many of us do this? I can probably count on one hand the number of pictures I have with each child. I like the part where she is asked how many of us think about how fat, frumpy, etc our mothers looked in pictures of us. I don't. I love to see my Mom in pictures with me.


So, now onto a quest to teach the girls how to use my camera and just take random pictures.

I know that is how NieNie had to have all those pics of herself taken--by her kids.
Her blog is full of random, every-day-life shots that had to have been taken by her kids, just happening around with the camera. And, in this, the day of digital, what do we have to lose?

See, I think these two pics of me are hideous. But, I know my girls will appreciate that they have the picture with me someday. And, like it or not, this is how they love me and know me, whether I like myself or not. So get over it No-no.

5 comments:

Chad and Kristen said...

Love this!!!! I realized after scrapbooking my sons first year of life, that he looked like he was raised without a mother!!! But I was there I was just behind the camera, So I made a note that just that for the scrapbook, and now I make sure to hand someone else the camera take a quick pic of me so I can say "I was there, always there, and this is how I looked at the time!! Take it or leave it!!!"
Good for you Nora!! And we are always more critical of ourselves, seeing things that no one else could possibly notice. I know this for many reasons, my photography business, my self doing the same thing, and because you said you find yourself hideous in these pictures....ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! Your a beautiful woman, inside AND out!!! and look how happy you are doing what you do best...being a mom!!!

Roxy Dozier said...

I too usually HATE pictures of me. I have more of me laying around than I would like. I loved this post. Made me realize just how much my kids might appreciate the photos of us when they grow up. Don't forget Daddy's too. I have about 5 pics of me with my dad in all. I think they were only at major events in life. Like baptism, wedding, first granchild blessed, that sort of thing. I wish I had more pictures with my parents and of my parents together. That's my new goal, have as many pictures of our immediate family as possible. As many pictures of FAMILY as possible I guess! Great post Nora, Thanks.

Viki said...

And who is Abbey reaching for? That's right --- GRANDMA!

Reina said...

I think you were talking to me!! I totally have a problem with the way I look I am trying to get over it but it is hard!

Camille said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I'm so glad you found me. I have been trying to find you guys for a while. A couple years ago I even looked up an address where I thought you lived and it came back to me. So sad. This pic of you and your girls and the end is how I remember them, holy cow have they grown up...and you have twins. So awesome. As you can see Dwayne joined the Navy, Gore wasn't that great to him, the Navy should provide us with some amazing opportunites as far as education and experience and seeing the world goes. We are excited. I'm so glad I found you and please call me if you are ever up in the area, the kids and I will be here a little longer, we're trying to sell our house. I will e-mail my phone, address, email etc... to yours. I'm so glad to be back in touch, tell Bill we said hi. I was also reading about your post when Dwayne went sledding with you, made me laugh so hard. Take care and we'll talk soon!