I am remembering the sleepovers at Cindy's house. They were always at her house--maybe 'cuz she had the big basement for us girls' to sleep, so as not to bother her parents. But, we were always ordering the little sisters out of our presence. And lets not forget the oodles of different- shaped curling irons that we would curl our hair with.
So, this weekend Bro. Mo. and I taught it to our girls. *A* won (of course! She wins a lot when we play a game as a family; which is ironic since she loses interest half-way through and I end up playing her turns for her) Anyway, another game that is sure to become a family favorite.



And Bro. Mo. and I took the girls to my Mom's house to put them to bed while we were down in Benson/Pomerene for Easter and then went back up to his Mom's house to play this game with his brothers and spouses. Definitely an adult game--if played with children the adults will just have to try to keep it rated G. But, we learned a lot about each other. SO FUN!!!
When we play Aggravation (my Dad, Grandma, Bro. Mo. and I can get quite nasty and laugh so hard our cheeks hurt and we start crying and stomach muscles revolt) we play it on the special boards my Mom makes. Round 1 1/2 inch thick boards that she drills holes in for the marbles with a drill press and then traces her home-made template onto and paints and woodburns.
And it is funny to me all the different variations on the rules you find when you play games with other people. BFF has a couple different rules for Aggravation and Farkle is also called "10,000" or "Chicken or Guts." And the rule variations for it are numerous--Toy's 'R' Us sells it in a plastic orange canister but the rules are way wrong in that version--trust me!
























































2 comments:
Fun times! Skip-Bo is still one of my favorite games. Probably because it comes with lots of good memories. I have pictures from a slumber party we had at which we had crazy curled hair and were just being silly. If our scanner worked I'd scan them in.(sigh) Maybe someday.
We played Things with a bunch of friends and I almost peed my pants laughing. SO FUN
Post a Comment