Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

7.28.2009

Finally......4th of July

Actually, I shouldn't say finally, I should say luckily.
We celebrated at my in-laws this year--BBQ, games/wedding planning and watching the Benson fireworks from the backyard.


I didn't take any pictures that day; my MIL's friend did and then lent the card to my MIL and I copied them from that. So I am so grateful for the technology of today. (would've had more pics of the older girls , but they were out in the wading pool ALL DAY. They should have been born fish.)

We were broke this year, and we have a tradition of getting the girls' 4th of July shirts each year; so this year we "recycled." I used some scraps of material I have had cut into quilt squares for years to make a skirt for each of the twins. Then I took last years' 4th onsie, cut off the botton and sewed the skirt on---voila---instant t-shirt dress. The older girls each took a white shirt from their closet and we stamped them with my Close To My Heart stash from when *E* was the twins' age.

9 1/2 years going strong

Bro. Mo.'s brother Dan, his wife Christina and daughter *M*

Bro. Mo.'s Uncle Wayne and his fiance Janice

awwwww!

couldn't keep these two out of the ice

*A* holding *M*

*O*--just one of her classic expressions

Gampy and his girls

0 comments: