Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

7.23.2009

Spider Cake and a Scorpion

I made this cake for my sister Margo and my brother Michael's joint birthday party. There had been a wolf spider sitting on the ceiling right above where I was assembling the cake since at least the night before when we got to my Mom's house. Well, guess when the little guy decided to make an appearance?-----------he dropped right down into the cake batter. This birthday cake will forever remain "the spider cake."

And I found him in my kitchen Monday morning. So I called Bro. Mo. and asked what I should do. I am not normally a "damsel in distress" type o' gal. He told me to crush it with a shoe. So, not wanting to get my shoes all yucky with guts, I went in and got one of his.





He is now finding this out as he reads this. Sorry love.

4 comments:

Bro. Morgan said...

Anything I can do to help, I am willing to sacrifice one of shoes for everyones well being. lol

manderson said...

No, its the spider poop cake cause of the poop colored icing you used to write with. Haha, I still laugh at Mom saying, I put my hand in it and I thought it was something that had oozed out of the twins diapers. And it was icing! P.S. when did you take that picture. I thought you didn't have any.

Viki said...

Actually, Margo, I stepped in some of the pea-green icing that had dropped on the floor and thought one of the twins had leaked diarrhea. ~~ The rainbow cake was beautifully bright and colorful.

Jeremy and Cindy said...

I love the colors of the cake how did you get it to layer so well? I hate scorpions! How big was it. Here is a tip, the bigger it is the safer you are. It is the little bark scorpions that are extra dangerous. In our three and a half years of living her we have probably seen fifty. They have all been little bark scorpions. Again, I say I hate scorpions.