A group of 7 women went out last night. I felt like I was in college again. Giddy, silly, and "inappropriate" at times. We went to see "Julie and Julia." I should like to compare the movie to my own mariage. Torrid, passionate, and devoted. But Julia had a characteristic in her personality that I only dream of--vibrance.
A 6'2" tall optimist to the core, and Meryl Streep portryed that quality to perfection. If only I could let things slide, or see the beauty and goodness in all things and all people, my marriage would be so much better on my part.
I am going to read her autobiography to try and catch another perspective and to have constant reminders of the passion I should be having in my own life. But, also remembering that I have many more stressors in life--I have children; she did not--that fact alone can put one into a depth of wallowing faster than any other medium.
And so, I commit.
Commit to a positive outlook, a positive attitude, a positive tone. And, in so doing a better love life.

Laura Jacobs: "Though she called Paul a 'Cordon Bleu widower,' he wasn’t really. 'I would go to school in the morning,' she once said in an interview, 'then for lunch time, I would go home and make love to my husband.”
























































1 comments:
Sounds like a great idea for us all. Commit to be more positive. But I agree having young children adds a complication at times.
Post a Comment