Take a gander at my other blog----The Cookie Shoppe---for all your special occasions

Our Family........eternally ever after

8.09.2010

Love Notes To Bro. Mo. (sept)

My love,

I was just reading this letter (she inspired this idea of writing publicly to our DH's.)

My problem is that I write to you as if people are reading (which they are) so I hold back in saying something that may be embarrassing. But Nie Nie doesn't and so I will not either. She says things so tastefully though as if that is exactly the way Heavenly Father envisioned for them to be. Which he did. Here is the example I love. She is talking to her husband about the time they were at his father's family ranch in New Mexico and he and she found a secluded spot in nature. This is what she says:
"I am going to lay in bed and dream of you and that spot at the ranch that we found among all the juniper trees and patches of beautiful, high yellow grass. Lucky for us that day, we had a blanket. (wink. wink.)

The other example is:

"Sleeping next to a warm body--your warm body was going to be like heaven to me. Of course [the baby] woke up literally 5 seconds after I began spooning you. Honestly, I think babies have some sort of instincts that can sense if their parents are even thinking of doing more than just kissing."

Isn't that the truth? Even now, the twins like to come stand between us--usually 'cuz we are snooking in the kitchen. Like mother, like daughter.


So no more holding back. The reason I love to write to you in letter-form is because you are alone and with your own thoughts when you read it. And somehow, written words from me sink in much better than when I ramble on and on. Except when we are in my most favorite of circumstances--lying on our bed on a lazy afternoon and talk with our noses together about life and our dreams. That is the only other time we have each others' undivided attention and can actually concentrate on what the other is saying without tuning into distractions. But, inevitably we do more than "just talk" anyway.

I was telling my sister the other night about marriage. We got on that subject when she came to visit. We were in one of our--shall we say?--unconnected times. You know? The times where we get nit-picky and snippety with each other because we haven't had any "alone" time for a while? I am sooo glad we have that little warning bell that rings and tells us when we need to reconnect.

There are some things in life that make a woman melt over her husband. One was yesterday. Watching you hold our little girl tenderly as she threw up over and over into the bowl that you held for her. And then she would tell you she was done and lay back against your chest as if that would recharge her batteries. Willing to stay home with a sick baby, even though you were probably ready to toss your cookies as well.

Another is when you read scriptures with our family. And the Priesthood blessings you gave the girls before school were priceless--an intimate moment with our little family that will last into the eternities.

But most of all, I know of your undying love for me. I can see it in your eyes when you oogle over me getting out of the shower. I can tell by the way you encourage me to do the things I love to do and urge me to take time for myself. And I apologize for making it so hard for you to be able to love me with the comments I make about myself and my self-image.


Love,

Juliet